Helmut Batzner Bofinger BA1171 Red chair Original 1964
BA 1171, Bofinger Chair designed by Architect Bätzner (Helmut Bätzner, Alfred Bätzner and Friedhelm Bos) in 1964. Solid red plastic chair in fiberglass reinforced polyester resin. These chairs are made between 1966 and 1984 by manufacturer: Menzolit-Werke in Germany Wilhelm Bofinger KG from llsfeld. The price is for one chair. More chairs are available. Plastic reinforced with fiberglass is often used in furniture from the late 1940s, this is seen in the work of Eero Saarinen and Charles Eames. When Eero Saarinen developed his Tulip Chair in 1956, he had hoped soon to be able to fully produce this model from plastic. His desire for a fully plastic chair was shared by many designers. It took until 1966 for Helmut Bätzner to present the first fully plastic chair. In 1966 is was shown at the Cologne Furniture Fair.
- Mid-Century Modern
- Design Classic
Design and Manufacture
|Designer or in the style of:||Bätzner H. (Helmut)|
|Seat height:||44 cm|